Success… who isn’t in search of it? Napoleon Hill, the legendary personal-development expert and author said… “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” Success Magazine published 7 of Hill’s list of 17 princples in their newsletter, Seeds of Success. I’m sure they will resonate with you… think about how you can apply them to your business development efforts.
1. Definiteness of Purpose. Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. Without a purpose and a plan, people drift aimlessly through life.
Do you want a book of business? Then make a plan!
2. Mastermind Alliance. The Mastermind principle consists of an alliance of two or more minds working in perfect harmony for the attainment of a common definite objective. Success does not come without the cooperation of others.
Find a like-minded colleague, either in your practice area or a complementary one and divide and conquer.
3. Applied Faith. Faith is a state of mind through which your aims, desires, plans and purposes may be translated into their physical or financial equivalents.
Yes… Have faith that you can do it. (Are you an introvert? Read this post I wrote a few months ago.)
4. Pleasing Personality. Personality is the sum of one’s mental, spiritual and physical traits and habits that distinguish one from all others. It is the factor that determines whether one is liked or disliked by others.
Work on your personal brand. What do you want people to think when they hear your name?
5. Personal Initiative. Personal initiative is the power that inspires the completion of that which one begins. It is the power that starts all action. No person is free until he learns to do his own thinking and gains the courage to act on his own.
Few are ever handed a book of business… it comes from your commitment and initiative.
6. Positive Mental Attitude. Positive mental attitude is the right mental attitude in all circumstances. Success attracts more success, while failure attracts more failure.
Do you tell yourself that you can do it? Or do you have excuses for why you can’t? It’s up to you!
7. Enthusiasm. Enthusiasm is faith in action. It is the intense emotion known as burning desire. It comes from within, although it radiates outwardly in the expression of one’s voice and countenance.
If you love what you are doing… it shows. Find your passion.