As I alluded to in my last post, now that the holidays are over, it’s time to kick it into gear. As Tom Singer puts it in his post of Tuesday, "The Time For Excuses Is Over:"
“Businesses (large and small) have realized that they cannot wait on the sidelines if they want success. They need to get in the game. After 18 months of not spending money on things like sales meetings and customer/industry conferences, I am hearing from companies that the time has come to invest in education and motivation for everyone.
“The same thing is true for individuals. The only way to make things happen is to make things happen. Take action. Do something. Be a self-imposed catalyst and stop looking for excuses.”
So, here are a couple of quick thoughts on what you might do to put an end to that procrastination of yours:
- Call a client and set up a visit,
- Take your best referral source (s) to lunch,
- Ask a local business reporter to lunch also,
- Call/e-mail a business group and inquire about speaking opportunities,
- Write an Op Ed piece on a hot topic for your local newspaper, and
- Seek feedback from a key client on your recent services.
Pick one and do it today. Okay, but no later than tomorrow!
No more excuses.