Writing and speaking as business development techniques have long been two of my favorites. They are No. 7 and No. 6 on my list of Top 10 Marketing Tips. The obvious purpose is to establish the lawyer’s position as an authority on a subject and encourage clients to retain her or him as a result.
- Write articles for publication,
- Appear as a guest on a radio talk show,
- Offer opinions and advice on the TV news,
- Present seminars to other lawyers,
- Present seminars for your prospects,
- Write and publish a newsletter,
- Write a book, and
- Host a web site (or blog).
Trey also offers five additional suggestions dealing with the trappings of authority for consideration from titles, and office status to the car you drive. Take a look.