Last week I was in Tallahassee at the 2011 Women’s Leadership Summit presented by Florida Association for Women Lawyers (FAWL). What a thought provoking conference. The president, Gigi Rollini and her team did a great job. I was a discussion leader on Self-Marketing & Networking and I had the opportunity to attend other discussions. What I thought was very interesting were the topics of work life balance and creating a workplace that works. All the tips pointed to getting your life under control and saving time.
There were many great tips and here are just a few…
1. Make LIFE goals… take the time to consider what you really want out of life. As they say "this is not a dress rehearsal." Focus on your life goals and you will be able to make better daily choices.
2. Choose what you sign up to do, carefully… is it aligned with your goals. If not, don’t do it.
3. Meal planning... takes the stress out of evenings. And we make healthier choices when we plan.
4. Hire help… from kid shuttles to weekend chores. If your nights and weekends are spent enjoying your family and friends instead of doing chores, how rich could your life be?
5. Hire quality people on your team… that way everyone is focused on getting the job done right the first time.
The BIG take away is this: do what you have to do to get your life under control… the little things are just as important as the big ones.