Yesterday being "The 4th Of July" … our day of Independence, got me thinking. What does independence mean to your work, your profession and to your everyday business life?
I’ll tell you what it means to me. It means getting to work with people I LIKE. Doing work I LIKE. And doing it where I LIKE. That is what independence means to me.
- I spent too many years working with people that I did not see eye-to-eye with… it wasn’t right or wrong… just different.
- I can’t tell you how many projects I took on because I needed to make payroll. Not because I wanted or liked the work but because I had to.
- I also spent a lot of time "longing" to travel and experience other places… but I was stuck "minding the store."
I have clients for whom independence means…
- Doing their legal documents from the deck of their BOAT.
- Having enough work flowing in so they don’t have to WORRY about it.
- Having the niche she loves so defined that clients FIND her easily.
So my friend… what does independence look like to YOU? Now the big question… What are you going to do about it?