Yesterday, I gave one of my seminars at the Dade County Bar Association… Grow Your Practice – Common Sense Strategies. It is one of the most enjoyable things I do. Why? I enjoy it because I spend nearly 5 hours with 10 lawyers who are eager to learn about ways to grow their practice. And those 10 lawyers get to know each other… you see, we only allow one lawyer per practice area and they become a "referral source" for one another. I encourage them to form a mastermind group that meets every other month and someone in the group usually takes the lead to organize it. I have one group that has been meeting for over a year and the benefits are numerous…
1. They get to know each other’s practices so that the referrals they make are appropriate.
2. They celebrate each other’s success and provide encouragement to keep marketing.
3. They brainstorm when someone encounters a challenge.
4. They invite each other to events, so they don’t have to do it alone.
5. They become FRIENDS as well as colleagues.
You could form your own group. Invite lawyers from different practice areas and set an agenda for the meetings and share… the good, the bad and the ugly! Everyone will benefit.